Join America’s fastest growing homeschool sport!
Homeschool students from across the nation are invited to join the Spring League! Student athletes considering joining a team are required to earn a League-approved firearm safety certification. Existing teams may have limited availability to add new athletes – check with your school. New teams are only limited by the number of athletes that can be on a team as determined by coaching resources and shooting range capabilities.
New teams are allowed to join the Spring League! Learn more about how to start a new team.
- Now – March: Get team approved. Begin promoting new team. Acquire students. Hold open house to recruit students. Acquire coaches.
- February 3rd: Team and athlete registration begins.
- March 22nd: Team and athlete registration ends.
All participants must complete the online League registration.
- March 28th: Practice Week 1.
Each team will practice on their designated shooting day(s).
- April 10th: Team registration payments are due for teams utilizing the team payment option.
- April 4th: Practice Week 2.
- April 10th: Registered student athletes without firearm certification are removed from rosters at midnight.
- April 11th: Reserve Week.
Scores are submitted via the coach’s Team Management System. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 16th: Conferences announced.
National Tournament registration opens.
- April 18th: Competition Week 1.
Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- April 25th: Competition Week 2.
- May 2nd: Competition Week 3.
- May 3rd: Championship registration closes at 12:00 NOON CDT
- May 9th: Competition Week 4.
- May 16th: Competition Week 5. Final team and individual results are published May 24th.
- May 23rd: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
- May 24th: Final season averages are available for athletes in their Shooter Performance Tracker. These averages are used for National Championship qualification determinations.
- National Tournament: June 2nd – 6th, 2021 – All athletes are invited to participate in the USA Homeschool Clay Target League’s National Tournament!! Visit the Tournament Page for more information.